« Older   Newer »

1. Lowes;

User deleted

BlueKaizoTitle_zpseef0c6f9.png
    Hack name: Pokemon Blue Kaizo

Hack of: Pokemon Blue

Link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/c66er … %21%5D.ips

Introduction

Here it is, an official Blue Kaizo Version hack, with the title image complete, and after going through several updates and playtests. Blue Kaizo itself has been circulating on youtube for quite a while, but at the same time, I always felt that there were parts that could have been improved. So, after all this time, I have finally completed Pokemon Blue Kaizo.

Basically, it's Pokemon Blue, only, you can catch all 151 pokemon, but it is much more difficult than the original in many ways. The enemy's movepools have improved drastically compared to the original red and blue, which can make what was once simple battles into something more intense. The Gym Leaders and many other bosses in particular have bigger rosters, better pokemon for their types, and many of them have a pokemon that counters the pokemon that are Supereffective against their theme. In addition, several maps have been changed, including the frequency of pokemon appearing, or mazes. Certain pokemon that are considered to be overpowered are accessible in either the late game or post game.

Oh… and there may also be some surprises in Blue Kaizo…

However, the catch rates have been improved for many pokemon, so that they are very easy to catch, you have access to a very wide variety of pokemon throughout the game, especially early on, you can use flash in the rock tunnel, and you can train at a good pace, without too much grinding necessary. Fighting all the trainers gives a lot of good exp. As you progress through the game, the quality pokemon you can catch grows stronger and stronger. Poke balls are also significantly less expensive than before, as well as repels, and you can get free ethers for those difficult dungeons and marathon routes. Like everything else, the more you progress through the game, the better items you’ll get from the stores.

Storyline

Welcome to the Kanto Region, where you will recieve your very first starter pokemon from professor oak, while you're rival is about to recieve his starter. Unfortunately for you, the rival has a particularly special starter, which gives you a taste of what's to come. You have to collect about 150 pokemon, eight gym badges, and defend yourself against the nefarious Team Rocket.

Screenshots

Bulbasaur_zpsa7e6e1e8.pngCharmander_zpsc88e46a9.pngSquirtle_zps1bae6b8d.png

ViridianForest_zps9f825550.png
    MtMoon_zps4222c402.png

Pokedex149_zps8b95296b.png
    Pokemart_zps37114313.pngPewtwerPokemart_zpsac6d3e9c.png
    RockTunnelDark_zps968ae881.pngFlashHM_zps7dddd705.pngRockTunnelFlash_zpsedcab76f.png
    Erikateam_zps1581fa41.pngViridianGym_zpsfe4e5fbe.pngViridianGymTrainer_zps7200417f.png

I hope you enjoy a more challenging experience!

Credits
    Miksy91 – For some help with hex editing
    IIMarkus – For the amazing Red Dissassembly as a resource.
    Danny-E 33 – For some help with editing the title screen.
    Swampert22- For the amazing swampert tools, which really really helped make things much quicker and more convenient for me to edit.
    Stag019 – For help in changing the pokemon obtained by the good rod, and the super rod.
    And myself – for spending some time planning, developing, experimenting, and playtesting Pokemon Blue Kaizo

Last edited by SinisterHoodedFigure (2014-04-26 01:23:21)

2. SafetyUser

User deleted

At the very very end of the game, the elite four and champion are on level 100, fortunately, getting close to that level won't be an issue.

3. Lowes;

User deleted

I think your hack is already very famous on the web :D I'm doing a Nuzlocke olf it in spanish and thanks to it, I got inspired to start making my own hack of Pokemon Yellow. Very good job.

2 replies since 19/7/2014, 19:19   10 views