[Tutorial] Making Someone Fat In Photoshop.

« Older   Newer »

1. .Living

User deleted

[Tutorial] Making Someone Fat In Photoshop.

CITAZIONE
    I was wondering if someone could give me a link to a site with a photoshop tutorial on how to make someone FAT not skinny in photoshop.. Mainly on how to put a double chin on the picture! [=

Condividi

When attempting to fatten people there are several options available. While Im by no means an expert in this area I am aware that there are choices of methods. In the few that Ive worked on Ive found that usually you will need to use more than one of the techniques. I think the obvious one is the liquefy tool. This is particularly useful when fattening smaller areas like the contours of the face, arms, fingers etc.
    Larger areas can be effectively fattened by isolating the particular area on a separate layer and using the Transform>Distort tool. Cutting and pasting body parts from a source image of a fat person can work well tooif the lighting, color and texture are within the workable range of your image. Cloning the body part larger is also an option but I feel that is fairly laborious and useful on certain features only. Rendering portions of the body is another option that can work very well and its very useful in restoring areas that are in need of repair from the artifacts of using the Liquify or Clone tool.

In this example well use all of the above in some form and well take this image of Elizabeth Hurley and add some poundage. Note that all steps taken are on separate layers.
    Well go from here....

To here.

A good place to start is the face. The best tool for enlarging the contours of a face is the liquify tool. The brush size is important. A larger brush will create less drag lines but naturally will give you less control than a smaller one. Youll have to experiment a bit here to choose the right size for your job but my rule of thumb is to use the largest size brush that will still give you the control you need.
    Set the brush just inside the outer line of the flesh contour and carefully pull the flesh outward to the amount desired. Youll have to repeat that around the entire area you want to enlarge and adjust brush sizes accordingly. Patience and care are virtues here.

The same approach can be used for the shoulder, arm and forearm. Carefully work the contours outward until you get a fairly reasonable fattened look.
    Using the liquefy tool requires careful and precise movements. It can't usually be done quickly. It can be a bit tedious on a large area to be extended and the proper brush size for the task is very important. Patience is definitely a virtue with this tool.

At this point I like to have some guide/idea of what the eventual enlargement should be. Its helpful to create a sketch on a separate layer to use as an approximate guide.
    To work on the left breast I isolated a copy of that area on a separate layer and used the distort feature. [Edit>transform>Distort] I selectively enlarged the breast to get as close to my overlay guide as I could, paying particular attention to getting the bulge of flesh above the bra to fit the guide.

This is the result of the distortion after trimming away most areas extending beyond the guidelines. Its obvious that the distort tool will not solve the problem of creating a reasonable bra area and another approach will have to be used here. However, the bulge of flesh above the bra looks OK and is a keeper.

Use of the liquefy tool in this case proves to be less than satisfactory also. While it will extend the bra area out to the guidelines it loses too many of the original characteristics and texture.

Note that by checking the BACKDROP box you can select various layers to be visible to help guide your liquefying progress.

I felt the only way to get the enlarged breast I had in mind was to use the clone tool and create one. The left image shows the cloning process in its raw state, choosing areas to clone from as close as possible to the correct density. As you clone across the new area change your access point to approximate the color and density change needed to create the shape you need. They will not blend perfectly but that will be fixed in the next step.
    The right image shows the effect of cloning over areas that did not blend well. Use a soft brush at a 5 or 10% opacity and clone over all the areas that need to be blended properly. Cloning light areas over dark edges and vice versa. When that was finished I applied a noise value to that area of 2.03 to simulate the original texture that tends to get lost when doing the light value cloning.

To create the upper portion of her bra, I used a section from the original image.
    The right image shows it in place with some minor adjustments. I blended it in with the cloned bra by erasing the hard edges with a soft brush and completed the blending with some brushed on local color using a soft brush at 10% opacity.
    The white piping has been trimmed to fit the outer curves and completed by drawing in whatever was missing. A small suggestion of the piping was added at the lower left area of bra to add to the illusion of size. All remnants from the previous steps were removed by either erasing them on the other layers or retouching them out with a small soft brush using the local colors at 10% opacity and adding 1.55 of noise for skin texture. Painting with a brush at low opacity takes longer and requires many more strokes but it results in a more natural blend.

Beginning work on the outer breast we start with isolating a copy of the original on another layer.
    On the right image, again using Transform>Distort, the breast was enlarged to conform as close as possible to the guide sketch. Obviously, by itself, this doesnt quite do the job. Some retouching and rendering will again be necessary to improve it.

The left image shows the retouching/rendering. The distracting white highlight on the breast was removed, the white piping was narrowed to conform to the rest of the bra and a shadow was added to the cup for dimension and to imply more heaviness to the breast. The bottom of the breast is unimportant since it will be covered by her stomach in the next step.
    The right image is an enlarged view with noise added for matching texture.

The best way to add an enlarged stomach, in this instance, is the use of an appropriate source image. The pregnant belly I found is a bit over the top but for this illustration it works well. In an actual job you may want to find something a bit more realistic but the application will be similar.

I removed the background from the belly shot, did a minor resize and rotated it to a logical position.
    Using the erase tool with a soft brush I removed portions of the belly, keeping the edges very soft to help the blending step to follow. When I had this edge finished I reduced the opacity of the belly layer so I could see through it and used a hard edged brush to remove the lower portion of the belly to conform to the bathing suit line I wanted...something that would indicate the belly pushing it down.

The belly was finished off and blended into the body by brushing some of the darker body colors over the edges at low opacity with a soft brush. A shadow was added on the lower area to enhance the roundness and help the blend. A shadowed white piping was rendered in by brush on the upper edge of the bathing suit with some color picked from other shadowed areas of piping. A shadow was also added under the left breast.

The forward leg is perfect for simply resizing/distorting. Isolate the leg on its own layer and use the distort tool to shape it to make it look fat. Its the best way to enlarge a body part when possible. It retains all of its textural characteristics unless the distort is extreme. Unfortunately this works well only in areas where the entire selection is to be affected.
    A slight trim was made on the leg where it touches the chair edge.

The next step is working on her back to further the fat illusion. Again I duplicated and isolated a portion of the back as in the left image and using the liquefy tool used the same technique of carefully pulling the outer edges of the back to create some bulging around the suit back, some on the bra strap and a bit near the waist area.
    I also used the liquefy tool to enlarge her other leg, mostly on the underside.

The back needed some blending into her body. On a separate layer I brushed on some of the local color, at low opacity, to blend the addition and match it to the rest of her back, toning down some of the highlights a bit.

I searched for a good image of a double chin at the right perspective but came up empty.
    Instead, I decided to render one. Its not as good as getting something photographic but it should do the job better than one thats been forced to fit the image and doesn't look right.
    I started with a quick mask creating the double chin shape. Then added some local colors picked up from her chin, both from the dark side and the highlight side on the right.
    I used the smudge tool to blend the edges of the colors into one another and further blended them using the brush at 10% opacity with a medium tone also from her chin.
    I finished it off by erasing some of the double chin contour to fit her face shape better and added some noise to match the other skin texture.
    The double chin made it necessary to enlarge her neck also. I used the same procedure as above. Use local colors and smudge tool it onto shape.

This is the final image. A few final touches have been made. I added a small shadow under the bra ring. Added a small wrinkle on the bathing suit below the belly and decided to fatten up her fingers a bit with the liquefy tool.
    Obviously there are other possibilities to further enhance the illusion such as stretch marks on the belly, skin wrinkles etc. Thats all part of the fun of doing one of these, adding touches that make this kind of image your unique perspective. Just be careful that you dont step over the line into the ridiculous and totally unbelievable.
    I think Ive stretched a few things here, perhaps with the pregnant looking belly and the too large breasts, which might have been better less full and more pendulous. However, this was just to familiarize those of you that havent tried this before and not necessarily to create a totally believable image.
    Naturally this is just my take on how to approach fattening up someone. Many of you will have techniques that
    may be quicker, better or make use of some PS tools I'm unaware of. But I hope this will point some of the less experienced PS'ers in the right direction.

0 replies since 30/8/2010, 14:19   1971 views