Let's Play Pokemon Heart Gold! Capturing Legendary Beasts, Entei and Raikou!

« Older   Newer »

1. Jaid `

User deleted

It's a two-for-one, complete with bad singing.
    These beasts are ANNOYING to catch. You have to mean look and seal off their Roar attack before attempting to capture them. Keeping them from running on the first turn is easy, it's sealing off their Roar attack is when it gets annoying. There are two methods I can think of to seal off their Roar + Running:
    Simply Block/Spider Web/Mean Look/whatever and use a sleep-inducing move and hope for the love of duck they don't wake uplike I did OR
    Use the Block/Spider Web/Mean Look/whatever and Baton Pass to a pokemon with the ability Soundproof. The only pokemon I can think of that can do this is Smeargle or Ariados (Baton Pass is an egg move). Pokemon with Soundproof: Electrode family, Exploud Family, and Mr. Mime Family.
    Entei's move set:
    Roar (OF COURSE), Stomp, Flamethrower, Fire Spin
    Raikou's move set:
    Roar (WHAT ELSE?), Reflect, Spark, Quick Attack

mqdefault

2. SafetyUser

User deleted

These beasts are ANNOYING to catch. You have to mean look and seal off their Roar attack before attempting to capture them. Keeping them from running on the first turn is easy, it's sealing off their Roar attack is when it gets annoying. There are two methods I can think of to seal off their Roar + Running:
    Simply Block/Spider Web/Mean Look/whatever and use a sleep-inducing move and hope for the love of duck they don't wake uplike I did OR
    Use the Block/Spider Web/Mean Look/whatever and Baton Pass to a pokemon with the ability Soundproof. The only pokemon I can think of that can do this is Smeargle or Ariados (Baton Pass is an egg move). Pokemon with Soundproof: Electrode family, Exploud Family, and Mr. Mime Family.
    Entei's move set:
    Raikou's move set:

mqdefault

3. Jaid `

User deleted

Entei's move set:
    Raikou's move set:

mqdefault

4. SafetyUser

User deleted

Entei's move set:
    Raikou's move set:

mqdefault

5. Jaid `

User deleted

Entei's move set:
    Raikou's move set:

mqdefault

6. SafetyUser

User deleted

Entei's move set:
    Raikou's move set:

mqdefault

7. Jaid `

User deleted

Entei's move set:
    Raikou's move set:

mqdefault

8. SafetyUser

User deleted

Entei's move set:
    Raikou's move set:

mqdefault

9. Jaid `

User deleted

Entei's move set:
    Raikou's move set:

mqdefault

10. SafetyUser

User deleted

Entei's move set:
    Raikou's move set:

mqdefault

11. Jaid `

User deleted

Entei's move set:
    Raikou's move set:

mqdefault

12. SafetyUser

User deleted

Entei's move set:
    Raikou's move set:

mqdefault

13. Jaid `

User deleted

Entei's move set:
    Raikou's move set:

mqdefault

14. SafetyUser

User deleted

Entei's move set:
    Raikou's move set:

mqdefault

15. Jaid `

User deleted

Entei's move set:
    Raikou's move set:

mqdefault

14 replies since 10/4/2014, 18:06   67 views